LinkedIn Competition Terms and Conditions
Competition Terms and Conditions
LinkedIn Hospitality Competition
These terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) set out the basis on which you can participate in the LinkedIn Hospitality (“Competition”). By entering the Competition, you accept these Terms and Conditions in full. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, you should not enter the Competition and you will not be eligible to win the Prize.
- COMPETITION PERIOD: The start time for entries is the date and time of a post detailing the competition made by Arsenal on Arsenal’s LinkedIn profile (the “Competition Post”) (the “Start Time”). The closing time for entries is 00:00 (BST) on 16 October 2017 (the “Closing Time”). Entries received after the Closing Time will not be entered into the Competition.
- TO ENTER: To enter the Competition, you need to visit www.linkedin.com and ‘comment’ on the Competition Post with the correct answer to the question contained in the Competition Post.
- ELIGIBILITY: Entry is open to persons who hold LinkedIn accounts only. Only one entry per person is allowed.
- If entrants are under 18, consent from a parent or guardian must be obtained prior to entry and the parent or guardian must agree to these Terms and Conditions in full. If the winner is under 18, he or she shall be required to supply a completed parental/legal guardian consent form in accordance with the Arsenal’s directions in order to claim their prize.
- Employees of The Arsenal Football Club Plc (company number 109244) (“Arsenal”) or members of their immediate families are not eligible to enter the Competition.
- Entry is by way of the official entry method described in clause 2 only. No purchase is required to enter, but you will require internet access to enter the Competition. No refund may be claimed for any expenses incurred relating to the use of an email account or internet connection for the purpose of entering the Competition.
- PRIZE: Two hospitality tickets to the Arsenal Home Carabao Cup match against Norwich City Football Club on Tuesday 24 October 2017 (the “Prize”). The Prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative will be offered.
- The Prize does not include personal expenditure and other incidental costs, such as travel or accommodation. It is the responsibility of the winner(s) to ensure they have all valid travel documentation, if required.
- Arsenal reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or any part of it) for a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control. There is no cash alternative to the Prize (or any part of it) and unless agreed otherwise in writing the Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Third party terms and conditions apply to parts of the Prize where applicable.
- SELECTION OF WINNER: The winner will be picked at random from all eligible and correct entries received between the Start Time and the Closing Time.
- The winner will be contacted using the contact details provided on the entrants LinkedIn account within 72 hours of the Closing Time. If the winner cannot be contacted in that time then an alternative winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries.
- Unless otherwise notified to the winner, the Prize will be delivered to the winner within 7 days of confirmation of the winner’s address for delivery of the Prize.
- PUBLICITY AND PERSONAL DATA: If the winner is aged 18 or over, the winner agrees to take part in reasonable publicity relating to the Competition and Arsenal may use the winner's name and image and his/her comments relating to the Competition and/or the Prize for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid.
- Details of the winner’s name and county will be available on request for one month after the Closing Date by writing to Arsenal (including providing a stamped self-addressed envelope and stating the name and closing date of the Competition) at the address set out below.
- Arsenal will use entrants’ personal details for the purposes of administering the Competition and awarding the Prize.
- OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Entries must not be submitted through agents or third parties. No responsibility can be accepted for lost, delayed, incomplete, or for electronic entries or winning notifications that are not received or delivered (for any reason including as a consequence of communication or network failures). Any such entries will be deemed void.
- Arsenal reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Competition or these Terms and Conditions if circumstances outside its reasonable control make this unavoidable.
- Entries must be strictly in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Any entry not in strict accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be deemed to be invalid and the Prize will not be awarded in respect of such entry. Arsenal reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any entrant and to exclude any entries which it believes to be invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Arsenal’s decision is final in all matters relating to the Competition (including the Prize) and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Except in respect of death or personal injury resulting from any negligence of Arsenal, to the maximum extent permitted by law, neither Arsenal nor any of its officers, employees or agents shall be responsible for (whether in tort, contract or otherwise):
- i. any loss, damage or injury to you and/or any third party or to any property belonging to you or any third party in connection with the Competition and/or the Prize (including the winner’s receipt or use of the same), resulting from any cause whatsoever; or
- ii. any loss of profit, loss of use, loss of opportunity or any indirect, economic or consequential losses whatsoever and howsoever caused.
- The Competition is not in any way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with LinkedIn. You acknowledge that LinkedIn shall not have any liability to you in connection with the Competition. Arsenal reserves the right to disqualify any entrant posting an entry or a comment to Arsenal’s LinkedIn profile that is, in Arsenal’s opinion, inappropriate, offensive or upsetting to other entrants, fans of Arsenal or directly aimed at Arsenal, or contrary to applicable law, and to remove any such entry or comment.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: Please note that this Agreement is governed by English law. This means that your entry into the Competition and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law. You and Arsenal both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction in connection with any such dispute or claim.
- SPIRIT OF THE COMPETITION: If you attempt to compromise the integrity or proper operation of the Competition by cheating or committing fraud in any way, Arsenal reserves the right to render your entry invalid, seek damages from you and ban you from participating in any of their future competitions.
- CONTACT: If you have any questions about the Competition, please write to Membership Rewards, Marketing Department, The Arsenal Football Club Plc, Highbury House, 75 Drayton Park, London N5 1BU.